|©2012 Screen dump - SCC supporting the arts|
The funds we received means that Creative Spaces 2012 will go ahead. The funds will cover the costs of six placemaking art activities we plan for the Creative Spaces including:
- Workshops and installations for children in and around the Maleny Library titled Water Creatures of the Obi Obi;
- Workshops, a film and fun in the park for children titled Celebrating the Glossy Black Cockatoo;
- A fabric sail installation titled Sailing Inland – celebrating the tall ships and hang gliders (see planned installation in earlier post here);
- A lantern making workshop and installation titled Creative Sparks – celebrating our cooperative history;
- An installation of painted floating leaves celebrating the use of lagoons on the Hinterland for important social gatherings titled Celebrating love and unity (see planned installation in earlier post here); and
- A two-day sandstone carving workshop and installation of sandstone monoliths celebrating peace and the environment titled Peace in the trees.
Creative Spaces is being held during the same period as Arts Connect’s Open Studios 2012 . Arts Connect and art4place are working together to give visitors to the SC hinterland a great art experience in September and October 2012. Exact dates and times of the six art4place Creative Spaces placemaking activities will be announced in the near futures.
|©2012 Barry Smith - Sandstone monolith amongst the trees - The Southern Vermont Arts Center|